Puffin - Billy Eco15 Recycled Drybag Wild Swimming Tow Float
The Billy Eco15 Recycled Drybag Tow Float is the most eco-friendly tow float on the market.
The Billy Eco15 Drybag Float is ultralight, has optimal streamlining, and is designed to be better for the environment.
The Billy Eco15 was the first float to use bio-degradable TPU now we have gone one step further, it is now also made with recycled plastic bottles (RPET) this is much more eco-friendly and can help reduce the impact on landfills.
The Eco15 Drybag features a waterproof compartment that is separate from the air chamber. This means the swimmer can take their essential items such as keys or spare goggles with them whilst in the water.
Ultralight and Bright
The Eco15 is made from ultralight material yet also very durable, it’s bright orange to increase the visibility and safety of the swimmer in the water.
All Puffin floats are designed with Optimised Streamlining where the float’s shape, valve position, tow attachment point, and direction of tow are all designed to reduce drag.
The drybag floats behind the swimmer and does not interfere with the swimmers’ stroke.
Billy Eco15 Recycled Drybag Float Features:
- Eco-friendly & PVC Free material
- Made with RPET – recycled plastic bottles
- Optimal streamlining for minimal drag
- Bright orange to increase the visibility of the swimmer
- Durable, plus abrasion and UV resistant
- Lightweight and packable
- Provided with adjustable leash & waist belt attached
- Designed by swim safety experts
- Material: Bio-degradable TPU & RPET (Recycled Plastic)
- Dimensions: 60cm x 27cm deflated
- Volume: 15L; Weight: 166g
- The waist strap extends to 127cm (spares are available)
The Eco15 Drybag is easy to use, the float has an adjustable leash attached to it, this leash then simply threads onto the waist belt.
How to use the Billy Eco15 Drybag
- Start with the bag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag and expel excess air
- Close the top flat and roll the top down a minimum 3 times
- Clip the buckles together.
- Inflate the drybag using the fast-flow mouthpiece
- Once fully inflated place the dust cover on the mouthpiece.
- The drybag float is already attached to a short leash, simply thread this onto your waist-belt and fit the adjustable belt around your waist.
Have a great swim.
- To deflate, remove the cap and press a little finger into the valve to release the air.
NB: For added peace of mind we would recommend putting your phone into the Swim Secure waterproof phone bag before placing them inside the Eco15 drybag. The Billy Eco15 is not a lifesaving device and is for use by competent swimmers. It is not designed to be submerged.
Why Billy Eco15 is better for the environment?
It’s made with Biodegradable TPU an advanced material that is much more environmentally friendly in its manufacture and management, than PVC the production and disposal of which results in the release of toxic, chlorine-based chemicals.
Most plastic bottles and food containers are made of PET plastic, recycling and reusing PET helps to reduce land-fill and the production of more plastic.
Typically Swim Tow Floats have been made with PVC applied to nylon, the Billy Eco range replaces PVC with Biodegradable TPU a much more environmentally friendly alternative to PVC which contains toxic chemicals. TPU is very durable and resistant to abrasion, it is also tear and puncture-resistant making it an ideal material for a swim float.
The Billy Eco15 Recycled tow float is the UK’s first Eco-friendly float made from PVC-free material and recycled plastic (RPET).
Find out more about biodegradable TPU