Puffin - Billy Eco25 Recycled Drybag Wild Swimming Tow Float
The Billy Eco25 Drybag Tow Float is THE eco-friendly tow float.
The Billy Eco25 Drybag Float is light, bright, and designed to be better for the environment.
The smaller Billy Eco15 was the first float to use bio-degradable TPU now we have made it bigger and made it even more eco-friendly by using recycled plastic bottles (RPET) to replace the nylon, this is a much more eco-friendly option than nylon and can help reduce the impact on landfills.
The Eco25 Drybag features a waterproof compartment that is separate from the two air chambers. This means the swimmer can take their essential items such as keys, phone or spare goggles with them whilst in the water.
Ultralight and Bright
The Eco25 is made from ultralight material yet also very durable, it’s bright orange to increase the visibility and safety of the swimmer in the water.
All Puffin floats are designed with Optimised Streamlining where the float’s shape, valve position, tow attachment point, and direction of tow are all designed to reduce drag.
Features and Specification of the Billy Eco25 Drybag
- Eco-friendly made with PVC-free material and recycled plastic bottles
- Designed by swim safety experts
- Optimal streamlining for minimal drag
- Bright orange to increase the visibility of the swimmer
- Durable, plus abrasion and UV resistant
- Lightweight and packable
- 2 air chambers with one-way fast flow valves.
- Provided with adjustable leash & waist belt attached
- Material: Bio-degradable TPU & RPET (recycled plastic bottles)
- Dimensions: 74cm x 32cm deflated
- Volume: 25L; Weight: 292g
- The waist strap extends to 127cm
The Billy Eco range replaces PVC with Biodegradable TPU a much more environmentally friendly alternative to PVC which contains toxic chemicals. TPU is very durable and resistant to abrasion, it is also tear and puncture-resistant making it an ideal material for a swim float.
Puffin floats are designed by swim safety experts Swim the Lakes.
Easy to Use
The Eco25 Drybag is easy to use, the float has an adjustable leash attached to it, this leash then simply threads onto the waist belt. The 2 air chambers are inflated by mouth via the one-way valves.
How to use the Billy Eco25 Drybag
- Start with the bag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag and expel excess air
- Close the top flat and roll the top down a minimum 3 times
- Clip the buckles together.
- Inflate the drybag (s) using the mouthpieces
- Once fully inflated replace the dust cap
- The drybag float is already attached to a short leash, simply thread this onto to your waist-belt and fit the adjustable belt around your waist.
Have a great swim.
NB: For added peace of mind we would recommend putting your phone into the Swim Secure waterproof phone bag before placing them inside the Eco15 drybag. The Billy Eco15 is not a lifesaving device and is for use by competent swimmers. It is not designed to be submerged.
Why Billy Eco25 is better for the environment?
It’s made with Biodegradable TPU an advanced material that is much more environmentally friendly in its manufacture and management than PVC, the production and disposal of which results in the release of toxic, chlorine-based chemicals. Typically Swim Tow Floats have been made with PVC applied to nylon.
The nylon has been replaced with RPET. Most plastic bottles and food containers are made of PET plastic, recycling and reusing PET helps to reduce land-fill and the production of more plastic.
The Billy Eco Drybag float range is the UK’s first Eco-friendly swim tow float.
Find out more about biodegradable TPU